Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Disappearing Chocolate Chip Cookies

I wasn't planning on baking tonight, but after getting a new camera, I just couldn't help making  something to photograph.  All my photos prior to this were taken on my iPhone, so a real camera is definitely a step up!  Every time I make these cookies, I am told they are the best chocolate chip cookies ever, and they are so simple to make!  They are fluffy, moist, and not overly sweet.  You are more than welcome to use milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips, but personally I think dark chocolate chips taste the best.  Now they are not really magical cookies as the name might imply, but they will definitely fly off of a plate and seemingly disappear before your eyes.  I'm not sure where the recipe for these amazing little morsels came from, but it looks very old.  It was cut and pasted from its source onto a bright pink notecard, which makes it easy to recognize.  Even though I had all of the ingredients for much more creative creations, by suggestion of my fiancé, I decided to keep it simple and make a delicious classic.  I hope you enjoy the cookies and the photos!      


Disappearing Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes about 4 dozen cookies

2 1/4 cups + 2 T all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 package (4-serving size) JELL-O Vanilla Instant Pudding
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
1/2 - 1 cup dark chocolate chips to taste

1.  Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  
2.  Whisk together all-purpose flour and baking soda.  Set aside.
3.  Combine butter, sugars, pudding mix, and vanilla extract; beat until smooth and creamy.
4.  Beat in eggs.
5.  Gradually add flour mixture.  Mix until combined.
6.  Stir in chips.
7.  Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart.
8.  Bake for about 8-10 minutes or just until edges become slightly browned.  Let stand on cookie sheets for 2 minutes before moving to wire rack to cool completely.


No comments:

Post a Comment