Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Huge Accomplishment

I keep insisting that I am not a cake decorator, but people still seem to be ordering cakes.  I've decided that I must be doing something right, but I will continue to tell people that "I am NOT a cake decorator."  I am, however, extremely proud of this cake!  It is a traditional red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting made for a coworker's daughter.  I love the color scheme and I am thrilled with how the decorations turned out!  Personally, I consider this cake a huge accomplishment, but I'll let you be the judge :)

I'd also like to use this post as a preview of what's to come in the following months and what I hope to accomplish.  Here are a few things on my "to do" list:
1.  Ganache - I can't wait to play around with different flavor combinations 
2.  Pastry cream - I'm a little intimidated by this one, but I think it could be a delicious and versatile filling for almost anything
3.  Berries, berries, and more berries - I'm looking forward to warmer weather, so I can incorporate them into anything and everything
4.  Cakes & cake pops - I hope to get many more cake and cake pop orders, so I can practice my decorating skills and experiment with color!

No comments:

Post a Comment